Saturday, November 10, 2007

Christian Scott

My first joy is music and for whatever reason I am particularly drawn to music that I believe to be a reflection of the urban struggle, plight, and joys. Genres such as R&B, Jazz, & Rap usually strum my heart strings. But to me that's all part of what I like to call Hip hop culture which encompasses so many things that it's meaning almost depends on the person with whom you are speaking to.

Long story short, I said all that to say that I am proud to announce that I am now officially hip to Christian Scott; who if you don't know is a refreshing addition to the world of hip hop!

By definition, Christian Scott is a jazz artist signed to Concord Records. His instrument is the trumpet, but his talents extend to arrangement as well. I literally stumbled upon his work one night when I was watching the BET Awards.

Flashback: there I was thinking to myself, "this is a great award show this year!" Suddenly, I felt inspired to go onto http://www.bet.com/ so I could watch the award show again. So I'm perusing through BET.com and I come across BET Lounge and one of the featured artists is Christian Scott. His latest album is called ANTHEM and the cover just screamed hip hop to me!!! So me being the hip hop lover that I am I checked him out.

Folks I am telling you this young man is GOLDEN! For him to be 23 years old spittin' out JAZZ with an urban twist- I know that he is going to inspire amazing new talent.

His album is music to the ears and I strongly recommend the track entitled "Litany Against Fear"

Get on your p's and q's and check him out at:

www.christianscott.net and www.myspace.com/christianscottmusic


Also I'd really love to hear back from people that are already familiar with C.Scott or folks that have seen him live. Is this BROTHER THE TRUTH? Speak on it, holla back lillythemusiclover@gmail.com or post a comment.

No comments: